(01392) 881763

Home      Architectural Services
Planning Permission

In context to The Town & Country Planning Act 1990 it is probably easier to try to establish where Planning Permission is not needed. These circumstances are usually referred to as ‘permitted development’. It must be noted, however, that special rules apply to listed buildings and conservation areas. Professional advice should always be taken before embarking on any building project.

Building Regulation Approval

Often little or no distinction is made between Planning Permission and Building Regulations. Planning Permission deals with the obtaining of consent for the type or nature of work to be carried out. Building Regulations are necessary to ensure that the work is carried out with the correct materials and in accordance with appropriate Health and Safety laws.

Plans Drawn
Some clients prefer to make their own planning or building regulation applications; Clayton Associates cater for this by providing a 'plans only' service allowing clients to manage  their own applications. Irrespective of the requirement for Planning or Building Regulations applications the company is increasingly being approached by clients who require a plan drawing service to enable them to obtain accurate estimates for their building projects.
Our Architectural Services

Clayton Associates offer a full range of quality assured architectural and measured building surveying services from a building’s inception to its completion on site.
The company experience ranges through many facets of Architecture including Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional, Ecclesiastical, and special building projects.
Plans, sections, elevations and full sets of working drawings and specifications can be produced for Planning Permission, Building Regulation Approval, and for construction purposes. All or some of these services in any combination can be provided to exactly suit a client’s requirements.
Full or part measured building surveys can be prepared to show building fabric, notational detail and historic development as required to suit a particular brief.
Clayton Associates can also offer specialist knowledge of Town and Country Planning matters particularly related to the water industry or statutory undertakers where permitted development rights exist under the General Permitted Development Order 1995.